My vision of arangetram

I noticed some dm related to the my Arengetram of the 'Unravelled' Instagram. As an artist, I felt like sharing some things. Out of few message I saw in the  inbox hurt me deeply. It is unfortunate that many who talk about Sanatana Dharma and Hindu religious sentiments have forgotten one of the most important ideas in Bhagavad Gita.

 അഹം സർവസ്യ പ്രഭവോ മത്തഃ സർവം പ്രവർത്തതി 

ഇതി മത്വാ ഭജന്തേ മാം ബുദ്ധാ ഭാവസമന്വിതാഃ |


“I am the origin of all things; everything works from me. Got this, wise men worship me with devotion. "


 യേ യഥാ മാം പ്രപദ്യന്തി താംസ്തഥൈവ ഭജാമ്യഹമ് 

മമ വർത്മാനുവർതന്തി മനുഷ്യാഃ പാർഥ സർവശഃ 


"The way everyone treats me, I accept them in the same way. All humans, Partha, follow my path in every way. "


How can someone who understood the depth of these verses spread so much hatred in the name of one name alone? Even though I am a person born in Christianity, my life is firmly rooted in Sanatan Dharma. Since childhood, I was very interested in myths, legends, vedas and upanishaths. It's the path that shaped me as an artist and a person who was driven to a divine mission.

I have presented Christian stories on my Arengetram without changing the actual tradition in Bharatanatyam. I have the experience of converting some verses of the bible story gaining audience attention by giving it dance language. None of this is hijacking a religion or stealing someone's art. Because art is a world without borders.

"The play is derived from various sciences and it encompasses everything. All the expressions and characters in the world are synchronized in the play. "


Bharathamuni theatrics gives an artist complete freedom to interpret the characters according to his imagination. A dancer has every right to recreate a character. That freedom is all I used for.

It is shameful to label artists in the name of religion and caste and spread that their works are meant to destroy another religion. We are forgetting the truth "ego Brahmasmi". My art is my God. The knowledge I have gained is my path. The strength that guides me is the Goddess Parashakti. This body is just an instrument of that force.

I was a person who often looked at religions and customs with contempt. A believer who has read all the religious books including Bible, Quran, Torah, Vedas, Upanishaths. One day, three years ago, on a Friday morning at 3:30am, a miraculous experience happened in my master life. A realization that answers all my doubts. Till then, I realized the reality behind the mythical characters that were thought to be silent.

From that moment I realized how blessed I am. How lovingly that paradox leads me. I'm not afraid when the same force is with me that guides me through saying "You do this". I still have a lot of art to present to the world. The force continues to inspire me to play each mythical character on a mental level no one would think of.

Looking at a work of art through the eyes of communalism will only destroy that art and the society through it. Such controversies and dm do not foster any art or religion. We should remember the lesson of spiritual unity taught by Bhagavadgita 

Praying that the blessings of JESUS CHRIST and Nataraja Swamy be there to everyone

                                                                      JOEL JACKSON

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crossing the Bridge: A Journey of Faith

A Most Unexpected Scandal of the Heart - narrated by JJ

Walking in Faith and Finding My True Path